Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Juvenile Drinkers

I saw my blog for the first time in the Google Alerts I get everyday. It was for my last post on underage drinking. Pretty cool.

So in keeping with that theme, (not really) I'm writing today to express (feigned) outrage that Grey Goose vodka will be sponsoring the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies!

I mean, I don't think it's appropriate for horses to be drinking vodka, especially not young horse-athletes. I think this is just a way for the Breeders to get the 2 year old fillies drunk at the “Grey Goose Vodka Clubhouse” at Monmouth Park and then go home with "the winnings".

And we haven't even gotten into the all the little girls who want a pony and will see this! Or don't their fathers bring them to the track for a little daddy-daughter bonding?

2 comments:

small-d said...

All the little girls who want a pony are going to grow up to be the bratty sluts who want Grey Goose. The marketing rationale is obvious.

Anonymous said...

And at least they will be bratty sluts with a penchant for good vodka. Their soon-to-be adult livers are grateful.