Sunday, February 4, 2007

UPDATE: Justice or Just Us? JUSTICE!!

The man responsible for some of the most vile comments directed towards lawyers serving the public interest has resigned.

I haven't heard any CEOs speaking up, as I predicted (although I also predicted I'd be wrong about my own prediction, just to make sure I covered all my bases, so on that count, I was a right.)

But at least Charles "Cully" Stimson, deputy assistant secretary of defense for detainee affairs is no longer a Pentagon employee.
Stimson said he was leaving because of the controversy over a radio interview in which he said he found it shocking that lawyers at many of the nation's top law firms represent detainees held at the U.S. military prison in Cuba.
There is hope for Justice in this world after all!

2 comments:

small-d said...

Wouldn't it be great if MTV did a show called "Gitmos" (or "Enemy Combaties") following the stories of detainees at Guantanamo Bay?

D. Stephen Goldman said...

You mean Viacom should try to make back some the money they lost on 9/11? I wonder what Steyn and Levin would say about that?